Chalkley Treehouse, Luxury treehouse in the Sabi Sand.
Guy Aubrey Chalkley once set up camp in a majestic centuries-old Leadwood Tree to escape the predators roaming the plains below. We decided that this would be the ideal place to build the ultimate bush bedroom, and so came to be The Chalkley Treehouse.
A secure and lavish platform under the stars, the treehouse has all the 5-star comforts, but affords an experience as wild as the animals that roam beneath it. Guests are taken to the treehouse at sunset, where drinks and a scrumptious picnic dinner await.
CHALKLEY TREEHOUSE, QUICK FACTS
- Number of guests: 2
- Twin beds option: No
- Stargazing: Impossible to count
- Shower: Not at the moment
- Vanity: Single
- WC: Yes
- Electricity: No
- Radio Communication & mobile phone signal: Yes
- Wi-Fi: You must be joking!
- Children: No
- Safety features: Single door, stairway, radio communication
- Distance from Lodge: 4.5km/ 2.7mi
- Seasonal: All year
- View: Open plain
- Size in decking: 40m2/ 430ft2
- Dining: Romantic tapas-style (which calls for red wine!)