A South African safari wedding experience | Lion Sands
What can we say, we got married here on the 5th May 2016 and from the moment we arrived they could not do enough for us and all the staff were absolutely amazing! If you want total luxury and a beautiful lodge with amazing safari then this is the place to stay! The food was beautiful with amazing menus and choice and we were assigned our own butler for our stay (The amazing David) who was lovely! Our game drivers Neil and Albert were amazing and exceeded our safari experience on each game drive. We also stayed in the Kingston treehouse on our wedding night which was the most out of this world experience looking out over the tree canopy and amazing star gazing, and had a little bush baby thief in the night who stole and ate our luxury chocolates, just fantastic! We loved this place so much we are hoping to return for our one year anniversary. It will always be a very special place to us and we cannot recommend it enough! Beautiful place! Beautiful people!
All our love, Kris & Brooke Schofield
We have hosted both intimate and larger safari weddings at Lion Sands, so we know what a memorable setting they are for that special occasion. We take our responsibility as custodians of such a memorable event really seriously, and will literally move heaven and earth to ensure that every detail is perfectly organised, and every need met.
Let us help you with the planning and execution of your wedding day.
THE LION SANDS WEDDING PACKAGE:
As a guideline for prospective weddings at Lion Sands, we have put together a package which includes,
- A private wedding venue for your exclusive use
- Legal fees which include fees for your abridged marriage certificate (a full marriage certificate must then be applied for which can take up to 2 months to process in South Africa. Once completed it will be mailed to your address)
- A Christian minister to officiate the ceremony. If you require another religious ceremony, this will have to be contracted out (for your account)
- Dedicated on-site co-ordinator to ensure the experience runs smoothly
- Elegant wedding venue set-up, inclusive of white & cream tablecloths and overlays
- A specially created wedding menu (exclusive of drinks). Menu can be discussed with our chef
- A handcrafted single tiered wedding cake
- Champagne for the bridal couple
- Romantic in-room breakfast the morning after the wedding
- Special gift for the Bride & Groom
- Bridal bouquet
- Romantic turndown
- A selection of canapes for the guests to enjoy while waiting for the bridal couple
- Groom’s button hole flower
- A relaxing couples spa treatment
- A photographer to capture special moments during the day (excluding accommodation & transport costs)
- Hairdresser & make-up artist for exclusive use of the bride
- Flowers – x2 bouquets at the ceremony
- Champagne for guests to toast the bridal couple (1 glass per guest)
- Complimentary overnight stay for the bridal couple (1 night only)
Not included is accommodation (all weddings at Lion Sands Game Reserve are contingent on accommodation being reserved)
Whether small and intimate, or more extravagant, Lion Sands Game Reserve is highly flexible and can accommodate wedding parties of up to 88 guests across 4 lodges.
- River Lodge: 20 suites for 40 guests
- Narina Lodge: 9 suites for 18 guests
- Ivory Lodge: 9 suites for 20 guests
- Tinga Lodge: 9 suites for 18 guests