For those seeking Adventure Travel, Lion Sands is for the adventurous at heart. Close encounters with Africa’s prized Big Five (including the lion, leopard, buffalo, rhino and elephant) will have the heart pumping and adrenalin coursing.
- Game Drives are conducted twice a day, in the company of expert Field Guides and Trackers. Vehicles move off road through rough and unchartered terrain, tracking the many animals of the bush.
- Walking Safaris are the perfect way to forge a one-on-one connection with Africa. Here you get a glimpse of what it must have been like a century ago, when pioneers and hunters made their way through The Kruger National Park and Sabi Sand in search of big game, and to find a suitable piece of land on which to build their families and fortunes.
- Why not spend a night under the stars in one of our Treehouses? This magical experience will immerse you in a natural world teeming with animal life, all on your own. The Milky Way is an extraordinary ceiling, and you may well lose count of the shooting stars
THE LION SANDS BUCKET LIST
- Go on a bush walk
- Take a trip to Hippo Pools
- Go on a helicopter ride over the Blyde River Canyon
- Drink a glass of bubbles on safari, while watching the sun set
- Take a walk around the lodge and see how many animals and insects you can Identify
- Spend a night under the stars in one of the Lion Sands Luxury Treehouses
- Enjoy the smell of wood-smoke from around a boma fire
- Learn 5 Shangaan words and their meanings