Rise at sunrise to head into the wild on your private african safari with your Field Guide and Tracker and discover a world usually only reserved for your screen during ‘Animal Planet’. You’ll find yourself in an environment that is as old as time, where the rhythm of nature is the only Governor.
Two safaris take place each day – in the morning and late afternoon (moving into the early evening). This is when the wildlife is most active, and the temperature more moderate.
As Lion Sands is a private game reserve within the Sabi Sand Reserve, and in a private concession within the Kruger National Park, safari are taken off-road in certain instances – dependent on bush conditions and specific sightings. With a limited number of vehicles on each property, and strict criteria governing sightings, guests are able to spend extended periods of time watching wildlife in its natural habitat.
ENVIRONMENT FIRST. COMFORT A VERY CLOSE SECOND
And everyone gets a window seat!
LION SANDS LANDROVERS, QUICK FACTS
- 2L engine, resulting in lower carbon emissions
- Sound-proofed engine housing which significantly reduces noise
- 220V charging points to charge cameras and other photographic equipment
- Non-essential electronics removed for more environmentally efficient vehicles
- Bucket seats with built in springs for comfort, and arm rests if required
- Bluetooth radio connectivity to assist in reducing radio static