Guy Aubrey Chalkley once set up camp in a majestic centuries-old Leadwood Tree to escape the predators roaming the plains below. We decided that this would be the ideal place to build the ultimate bush bedroom, and so came to be The Chalkley Treehouse.
A secure and lavish platform under the stars, the treehouse has all the 5-star comforts, but affords an experience as wild as the animals that roam beneath it. Guests are taken to the treehouse at sunset, where drinks and a scrumptious picnic dinner await.
“We had one night in the Chalkley Treehouse, which was out of this world. To see the stars, satellites and ¾ Moon traverse across the sky throughout the night whilst hearing the magical sounds of nature around us is something we’ll cherish forever.” (Tripadvisor)
CHALKLEY’S TREEHOUSE, QUICK FACTS
- Number of guests: 2
- Twin beds option: No
- Stargazing: Impossible to count
- Shower: Not at the moment
- Vanity: Single
- WC: Yes
- Electricity: No
- Radio Communication & mobile phone signal: Yes
- Wi-Fi: You must be joking!
- Children: No
- Safety features: Single door, stairway, radio communication
- Distance from Lodge: 4.5km/ 2.7mi
- Seasonal: All year
- View: Open plain
- Size in decking: 40m2/ 430ft2
- Dining: Romantic tapas-style (which calls for red wine!)
INCLUSIONS AND EXCLUSIONS
Meze-style picnic dinner, all beverages, teas, coffees and snacks.
Please note, this rate does not include the accommodation booked at one of the Lion Sands Lodges. A night out under the stars is booked as an activity over and above the accommodation reserved at the respective Lion Sands Lodges.