At River Lodge, you need not move far to appreciate extraordinary wildlife, or to marvel at the spectacular riverside view. We have tried to capture the entrancing spirit of the Sabie River, and always smile at that moment when we see our guests forging their own connection with that special energy that cannot be seen, but can definitely be felt.
Guests are encouraged to make River Lodge their very own private safari home, ensuring that the time spent on safari remains the highlight of their visit to South Africa.
An interior of one of River Lodge’s Luxury Rooms
RIVER LODGE, QUICK FACTS
- 20 Luxury Rooms for 40 guests
- Children of 10 and older welcome
- Childrens’ activities and baby sitting available
- Family Rooms available, including 2 interleading rooms
- Two swimming pools
- Open plan lounge and dining area
- Suitable for disabled travellers (with assistance)
- Full range of dietary preferences catered for
- Free Wi-Fi (in public areas)
Tripadvisor “The highlight, however, was the game drives. We saw all the key animals, but had particularly amazing experiences with a den of African wild dogs (mum, dad, 8 cubs) and den of spotted Hyena (mum and 3 babies) and leopards (including mum and cub eating an animal under a tree).”
Lion Sands River Lodge, Five Stars is not enough! (Tripadvisor)
“This was a dream trip and the Lions Sand River lodge is a dream. From the excellent rooms, service food and the 5 star safaris no one can find fault with anything at this Lodge. The staff is off the charts – the food even better and the Safaris are out of this world. This is a must stay for anyone looking for 5 star treatment. Add the managers to this 5 start resort and there are not enough stars for this resort.”
TRAVELLING TO LION SANDS GAME RESERVE, QUICK FACTS
- Daily scheduled flights between Cape Town, Johannesburg and Skukuza Airport
- An easy 5 hour drive from Johanneburg. Road transfers available
- Scheduled Safari Link charter connects the Sabi Sand Reserve with Madikwe Game Reserve, Welgevonden and Marataba Game Reserve.
- Private charter flights from any location directly into Lion Sands
Click here to read more about your travel options
RIVER LODGE SAFARIS, QUICK FACTS
- Safaris conducted twice a day
- Enjoy the bush on foot
- Maximum number of guests per vehicle is 6
- Private safari vehicles available, subject to availability
20 thatched Suites overlook the unfenced African bush, or the Sabie River. Each of the beautifully appointed Luxury Suites has bathroom en-suite, lounge area with mini bar, and wooden deck from which to appreciate the wilds beyond.
River Lodge is a wonderful place to spend quality time with family and friends, both old and new.
A night under the stars in one of the Lion Sands Treehouses is life enhancing. Head into another world after sunset, and forge your own connection with an Africa as old as time. Click here to read more about The Lion Sands Treehouses. Pictured above is The Chalkley Treehouse.
River Lodge boma dining
YOUR MENU OF ACTIVITIES FROM WHICH TO CHOOSE
Morning and evening game drives in open safari vehicles, bush walks, bird watching, astronomy, bush breakfasts, bush dinners, river walks, hippo tours, safari lunches, wildlife lectures, treehouse, boma dinners, wellness treatments, local village experiences.
Private safaris, with never more than 6 guests per Landrover.
Standard Season Rates, 2015
River Lodge, Luxury Room
Peak Season Rates, 2015
INCLUSIONS AND EXCLUSIONS RIVER LODGE
- Luxury Accommodation
- Three meals per day
- Soft drinks, local brand beers and spirits & house wines
- Mini bar and laundry (Ivory Lodge Only)
- Two game drives daily with FGASA qualified ranger & tracker
- Game drive refreshments & snacks
- Specified inclusive safari activities
- Laundry (with the exception of Ivory Lodge)
- Mini bar in room (with the exception of Ivory Lodge)
- Premium brand beers, spirits, cellar wines & champagnes
- Cigars & cigarettes
- All flights and transfers
- Telephone calls
- Curio shop purchases
- Spa treatments
- Sabi Sand Reserve/ Kruger National Park entrance fees
- Any additional extras will be for the guests account