What can we say, we got married here on the 5th May 2016 and from the moment we arrived they could not do enough for us and all the staff were absolutely amazing! If you want total luxury and a beautiful lodge with amazing safari then this is the place to stay! The food was beautiful with amazing menus and choice and we were assigned our own butler for our stay (The amazing David) who was lovely! Our game drivers Neil and Albert were amazing and exceeded our safari experience on each game drive. We also stayed in the Kingston treehouse on our wedding night which was the most out of this world experience looking out over the tree canopy and amazing star gazing, and had a little bush baby thief in the night who stole and ate our luxury chocolates, just fantastic! We loved this place so much we are hoping to return for our one year anniversary. It will always be a very special place to us and we cannot recommend it enough! Beautiful place! Beautiful people!
All our love, Kris & Brooke Schofield
We have hosted both intimate and larger safari weddings at Lion Sands, so we know what a memorable setting they are for that special occasion. We take our responsibility as custodians of such a memorable event really seriously, and will literally move heaven and earth to ensure that every detail is perfectly organised, and every need met.
Let us help you with the planning and execution of your wedding day.
THE LION SANDS WEDDING PACKAGE:
As a guideline for prospective weddings at Lion Sands, we have put together a package which includes,
- A private wedding venue
- A minister at the ceremony, including the processing of all necessary legal documentation
- A selection of in-season wildflowers for the bride’s bouquet and the groom’s button-hole
- A single-tier cake prepared by our chef
- A bottle of celebratory sparkling wine to enjoy after the ceremony
- A romantic turndown
- A special gift from us
- Basic venue hire, based on:
- Seating not exceeding the number of guests staying at the lodge
- Set up for meals to not conflict with our standard guest itinerary (unless exclusive use of the lodge has been arranged)
- Use of the facilities as extended to all guests
Not included is accommodation (all weddings at Lion Sands Game Reserve are contingent on accommodation being reserved)
Whether small and intimate, or more extravagant, Lion Sands Game Reserve is highly flexible and can accommodate wedding parties of up to 88 guests across 4 lodges.
- River Lodge: 20 suites for 40 guests
- Narina Lodge: 9 suites for 18 guests
- Ivory Lodge: 9 suites for 20 guests
- Tinga Lodge: 9 suites for 18 guests